Monday, October 24, 2005

The TIME "100 Greatest Books" Meme

It was doomed to happen:

Time Magazine puts out a list of the 100 Greatest Novels in Ehglish Since Time began Publishing, and thus everyone must confess how much if one has read.

I've read the following:

  • Animal Farm - George Orwell

  • The Bridge of San Luis Rey - Thornton Wilder

  • Catch-22 - Joseph Heller

  • The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger

  • Death Comes for the Archbishop - Willa Cather

  • Go Tell it on the Mountain - James Baldwin

  • The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis

  • The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien

  • 1984 - George Orwell

  • To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee

  • Watchmen - Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons



In these cases I've read a different book from the same author:
  • The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood (I read The Handmaid's Tale)

  • The Golden Notebook - Doris Lessing (I read several of the "Shikasta" novels)

  • The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck (I read The Red Pony)

  • Native Son - Richard Wright (I read Black Boy)

  • The Sun Also Rises - Ernest Hemingway (I read The Old Man and the Sea and The Pearl)

  • Ubik - Philip K. Dick (not sure about which one here)



On my list of "to reads":
  • Appointment in Samarra - John O'Hara

  • Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh

  • Invisible Man - Ralph Ellison

No comments: